Getting married is a special moment in a person’s life, and Arya Samaj Mandir provides a unique and traditional setting for tying the knot. If you are considering getting married in an Arya Samaj Mandir, there are several important steps you will need to follow.
First, you will need to find an Arya Samaj Mandir in your area that can perform the marriage ceremony. You can do this by searching online or asking for recommendations from friends or family members. Once you have found a Mandir, you will need to contact them to schedule an appointment for your marriage ceremony.
The next step is to gather all the necessary documents for your This includes your birth certificate, proof of identity (such as a passport or driver’s license), and proof of residence (such as a utility bill). You will also need to provide two witnesses who can testify to your identity and the fact that you are getting married.
Before the marriage ceremony, you will need to meet with the priest or Pandit who will perform the ceremony. They will explain the significance of the ceremony and the vows you will be taking. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the ceremony.
On the day of the ceremony, you and your partner will need to arrive at the Mandir at the scheduled time. You should be dressed in traditional Indian attire, such as a sari for women or a kurta-pajama for men. You may also want to bring along any items that are important to you, such as a garland or wedding rings.
The ceremony itself will be conducted by the priest or Pandit, and will typically involve several rituals and prayers. You will exchange vows and rings, and the priest will bless your union. At the end of the ceremony, you will sign the marriage certificate and receive a copy for your records.
After the ceremony, it is customary to celebrate with a feast or reception. You may also want to take photos with your family and friends to commemorate the occasion.
Overall, getting married in an Arya Samaj Mandir is a beautiful and meaningful way to celebrate your union. By following these steps and working with a trusted Mandir, you can ensure that your marriage ceremony is a memorable and special occasion.
Marriage in Arya Samaj Mandir
Arya Samaj is a Hindu reform movement that emphasizes the Vedic teachings of ancient India. Marrying in an Arya Samaj mandir can be a beautiful and meaningful way to begin a lifelong journey with your partner. Here’s what you need to know to get started:
- Eligibility: To marry in an Arya Samaj mandir, both partners must be Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, or Jains. They must also be of legal age to marry, which is 18 years for brides and 21 years for grooms.
- Documentation: You’ll need to provide several documents to the Arya Samaj mandir to complete the marriage registration process. These documents include birth certificates, residence proofs, and identity proofs such as an Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, or passport. If either partner has been previously married, you’ll also need to provide divorce or death certificates.
- Pre-marriage counseling: Arya Samaj mandirs require couples to undergo pre-marriage counseling before the wedding. This counseling helps couples prepare for married life and understand their responsibilities towards each other.
- Invitation: You’ll need to invite your family and friends to the wedding ceremony. The mandir may also provide an invitation card template which you can use to create your own invitation cards.
- Wedding rituals: The Arya Samaj mandir wedding ceremony follows a simple yet meaningful ritual. It usually involves the exchange of vows, the sacred fire ceremony, and the chanting of Vedic hymns. The bride and groom exchange garlands and then walk around the sacred fire seven times, each time making a promise to each other. The ceremony ends with the couple taking seven steps together to signify their journey through life together.
- Dress code: The dress code for an Arya Samaj mandir wedding is usually traditional Hindu attire. The bride typically wears a saree or lehenga, while the groom wears a sherwani or kurta pajama.
- Photography and videography: Most Arya Samaj mandirs allow photography and videography during the wedding ceremony. You can hire a professional photographer or videographer to capture the special moments of your wedding.
- Donations: Arya Samaj mandirs usually do not charge a fee for the wedding ceremony, but couples are expected to make a donation to the mandir as per their financial capacity.
- Witnesses: You’ll need two witnesses to sign the marriage certificate after the ceremony. These witnesses can be family members, friends, or even strangers.
- Registration: After the wedding ceremony, you’ll need to register your marriage with the government authorities. The mandir can provide assistance with the paperwork and the registration process.
- Celebrations: After the wedding ceremony, you can host a reception or a small gathering to celebrate your marriage with your family and friends. This can be a great opportunity to share your joy and happiness with those closest to you.
- Legal aspects: It’s important to ensure that your marriage is legally recognized by the government. Make sure you have all the necessary documents and follow the legal procedures to avoid any issues in the future.
- Post-wedding rituals: After the wedding ceremony, there are several post-wedding rituals that you can perform to deepen your bond with your partner. These rituals may include a visit to a temple or performing a puja at home.
- Inter-caste marriages: Arya Samaj mandirs are known for their support of inter-caste marriages. If you and your partner are from different castes, you can still marry in an Arya Samaj mandir.
Same-sex marriages: Some Arya Samaj mandirs also support same-sex marriages. However, it’s important to check with the mandir beforehand to ensure.